We are very excited that you’re interested in attending Lively Technical College! Your success is very important to us and admission to Lively is your first step to changing your life.

Registration Process

Required Documents for Registration:

  • Two proofs of state residency (Students must provide two forms of documentation providing at least 12 consecutive months residency prior to enrolling).
  • Complete residency affidavit. This must be completed for tuition purposes pursuant F.S. 1009.21. Documents supporting the establishment of legal residence in FL, GA, or AL must be dated, issued, or filed 12 months prior to the first day of classes of the term for which an in-state classification is sought.
  • Official Transcript or TABE Results.
  • If using additional funding source, all paperwork showing approval.

Registration Steps:

      1. Complete Online Application
        Complete an application by visiting https://lively.focusschoolsoftware.com/focus/apply. (Former students and ACE students will already be in the computer. Please login to FOCUS and make any corrections to your information.) Registration packets are available in Student Services. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov.

    Apply Here

Student Services advisors are available for consultation regarding program choices and career planning.

  1. Student Services will contact all potential students
    Student Services will review your online enrollment information and contact you regarding additional required documents. You will need to provide:

    • TABE Assessment scores if needed
    • Two proofs of Florida residency
    • Official transcripts for high school and college (if applicable)
  1. Meet with a Financial Aid 
    Meet with Financial Aid and they will check for all needed financial aid documents (ISIR, verification letter, etc.). Bring proof of any additional grants, scholarships, or waivers in order to your deferment. (If you are self-pay, you may skip this step.)
  1. Academic Assessment (if applicable)
    All students who enroll in Workforce Education Certificate Programs of 450 hours or more will complete a basic skills examination approved by the Florida Department of Education. Admission policies require that all students take the Test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE) or provide proof of acceptable forms of exemption from testing. The TABE measures basic skills in reading, mathematics and English/language arts.You may be exempt from the TABE testing if you:

    • Possess a college degree at the associate in applied science level or higher
    • Demonstrate readiness for public postsecondary education pursuant to F.S. 1008.30
    • Earned a standard Florida public high school diploma since 2007 (entered 9th grade in 2003-04 school year or any year thereafter) or earned a GED in 2014 or any year thereafter. Official transcript is required.
    • Passed a state or national industry certification or licensure examination identified in State Board of Education rules and aligned to the career education program which you are enrolled
    • Are an active duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Services
  1. Prepare for Payment
    Apply for the Federal Pell Grant or request documents needed for other funding methods (VA, Career Source, etc.) Students who have not established one year of residency in Florida, Georgia or Alabama will be charged out-of-state fees.

Once it has been determined by Student Services that all of the required documents have been completed, students will be directed to Registration. Registration will not be officially complete until tuition, registration and lab fees have been paid.

Contact Information

Lively Technical College
Student Services, Building 9
500 N Appleyard Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32304

Email Address
Student Services: ltc.studentservices1@leonschools.net
Attendance Office: ltcattendance@leonschools.net

Contact Numbers
Phone: 850.487.7473
Fax: 850.487.7430

Tuition & Fees

The Leon County School Board, within the guidelines set forth by the Florida legislature, approves tuition fee schedules. For Florida residents tuition fees for a Workforce Education Certificate Program are assessed at a rate of $2.92 per hour for Florida residents and assessed a rate of $11.71 per hour for Non-Florida residents. Continuing Workforce Education course at a rate of $5.84 per hour for Florida residents and assessed a rate of $23.42 per hour for Non-Florida residents.

A tuition fee is assessed for all post-secondary (adult) students. Students from border states will pay resident tuition, as authorized in section 1009.22(4). Non-residents and most foreign students must pay out-of-state tuition fees. Additional costs include the purchase of all required texts, uniforms, shoes, license or certification fees, where appropriate, and certain personal materials, tools and equipment as determined by the area of training.

Students enrolled in a health education program will be required to pay an additional fee for liability insurance, a criminal background check and a drug screening fee. Drug screenings will be conducted randomly.

All students are offered the opportunity to purchase student accidental insurance through a carrier approved by the Leon county School Board. Students are encouraged to purchase the policy, especially those enrolling in shop courses that have exposure to potentially dangerous materials and equipment. Student insurance forms are available in Student Services.

Student ID Cards & Parking Permit

Access/ID cards and parking permits are issued at the Registration Office each school year.  There is a replacement fee of $20.00 for an access/ID card and $20.00 for a parking permit. Lively’s facility is a limited-access campus. Student ID’s are to be worn at all times while students are on the campus of Lively Technical College. Parking in all lots, other than designated visitor parking, is by permit only.  Student vehicles are required to be registered and must display a valid Lively parking permit. Temporary parking permits must be displayed in plain view on the vehicle’s dashboard.  Unauthorized and improperly parked vehicles may be ticketed and/or towed at owner’s expense.